What are Recorded Elements?
Recorded elements are the elements that have been identified by the Elements Locator Plugin.
Users cannot use recorded elements in the scripts directly. If the user wants to use recorded elements in scripts, recorded elements should be moved to the project elements page.
Why do we need Recorded Elements?
If the users locate the elements through the Element locator plugin, the chances of script execution failure are less since the elements locator plugin locates the elements accurately. Using the Elements locator plugin if a user identifies the elements, the script development is faster as the users do not have to create all the elements manually.
- Elements Locator Plug-in should be installed.
Home icon >> Repository >> Elements >> Recorded Elements
- Once you log into the FireFlink, you will see a Project searchable dropdown. From the dropdown, select the project you had previously created or the project that is allocated for you. In the left navigation menu click on the Repository section. Click on the dropdown beside the Elements Tab. Click on the Recorded Elements option. You will land on the Recorded Elements page as shown below.
- If you haven’t installed the Elements locator plug-in, click here to install the Element locator plugin.
- If you have already installed the Elements locator plug-in, turn on the plugin and capture the elements on web pages. How to capture the elements from the plugin is explained in the Web Element Locator Plugin Section.
- All the elements recorded by the “Element locator plug-in” will be stored under the “Recorded Elements” table.
Table details which are on the Recorded Elements page
The table under the Recorded Elements page contains seven columns with column headers as Page Name, Element Name, Type, Locators Type, Value Type, Locator Value, Expiry Date, and Actions.
- Page Name: This column displays the searchable dropdown. The drop down displays all the pages that you have created on the project elements page. By default, the dropdown is not selected for any page.
- Element Name: This column provides a text field where you can give any name to the element.
- Type: This column provides a dropdown. While capturing an element through the plugin, if the type matches the Element configuration, then the type in recorded elements is auto-selected. If this is not true, then you have to select the type for the element.
- Locator Type: This column displays the locator type of element. While capturing the element through the element locator plugin, the locator type is auto-selected. The locator type is non-editable. If you want to see all the locators used, you can click on the icon provided beside the Locator Type column header. It will display all the Locator Types & Locator Values, as shown below.
- Locator Value: This column displays the value of the locator that is captured through the element locator plugin. The locator Value can be edited only for the element with locator type CSS selector, XPath & partial linkText.
- Expiry date: This column displays the expiry date and time of the element. The expiry time can be configured in the configuration.
- Actions: When you hover the mouse on an element under this column, it displays the Delete and Move icons, as shown below.
Delete Recorded Elements
- To delete the recorded element, hover the mouse on the element and click on the delete icon under the actions column, the element gets deleted and the element deleted successfully banner message is displayed.
- You can delete multiple elements at a time by selecting the checkbox provided beside <<page name>> and clicking on the Delete All Selected button. This action deletes multiple elements from the recorded elements page.
How to move the Elements from the recorded elements page into the Project elements page?
- To move the element from the recorded element page into the project element page, hover the mouse on the recorded element, and click on the Move icon under the action column. The element will be moved to the project element page.
- You can move the multiple elements at a time by selecting the checkbox provided beside <<page name>>. Click on Move All Selected button so multiple elements are moved from the recorded elements page into the project elements page.
- When you are moving the element from the recorded element page into the project element page, suppose the element with the same name and same type under the same parent page is present on the project element page, it should display an element conflict popup.
How to merge the Element locator from the recorded elements page into the Project elements page in the conflict popup?
1. Assume that element already exists on the project element page and if you are moving the same recorded element having the same name and type which is similar to the project element then you will get a conflict pop up here either you can “merge the locator of both the element” or else “save as new” element or else “Discard” the element.
2. When you want to merge the locator, either you can merge all the locators or you can merge a specific locator, this is dependent on the user, while merging the Recorded element locators if the element contains id, name, className, tagName, linkText if the same locators present in project elements, then you can’t merge the locators with existing project element page.
3. If the project element contains partialLinkText, cssSelector, and xpath if the same locators are present in recorded elements and if you want to merge the locators make sure locators’ values are different or, you can edit these locator values in conflict pop-up or you can’t merge the locators.
4. If both recorded elements and project elements contain the same locators with the same value, then those locators are shown “Red” colour in the conflict pop-up.
5. After merging the locator from the recorded element to the project element, the merged locators are shown in the “Green” colour in the conflict pop-up.
6. In the conflict popup, on the click of the Discard button, the recorded element is deleted from the table, and the conflict will get removed from the conflict popup. On click of the Discard button, you will get a Discard Warning popup. Here, either you can cancel, discard or continue editing in the conflict element popup.
7. When you’re moving multiple elements from recorded elements into project elements if multiple recorded elements have conflict then in the conflict popup it will display multiple conflicts as shown below.
8. If there are multiple conflicts in the conflict popup it will display a Skip button, on click of Skip button that particular conflict gets removed from the Element Conflict popup.
9. If you want to navigate to other conflicts you have to click on the Next or Back button, on the click of the Next button, you will be navigating to the next conflict, if you click on the Back button you will navigate back to the previous conflict.
10. Until you resolve all the conflicts, the Save Changes button is disabled. Once you resolve all the conflicts, the Save Changes button will get enabled so that you can save the conflicts.
How to Save Recorded element as a new element on the Project elements page in the conflict popup?
1. When you do not want to merge the locators, but you still want to move the recorded elements into the project element, then you can save the element as a new element by clicking on the “Save as New” button. On click of the “Save as New” button in the same conflict popup, it will display the Save as New page, here you should change either Page Name or Element Name or Type. Once you change any one field, the save button will get enabled and on click of the Save button, the recorded element will get saved into the project element section and you will navigate back to the conflict popup and the conflict gets removed from the conflict popup. Here on click of the Cancel button, you will navigate back to the Conflict popup.
2. Here if you click on the “Discard” button, the recorded element is removed from the conflict pop-up as well as the recorded elements table. On click of the “Discard” button, you will get a Discard Warning popup. Here, either you can cancel, discard or continue editing in the conflict element popup.