What is Project Menu?
The Project menu provides commands that affect the project structure. It also allows adding/editing new items to projects or specifications to the project. Project Menu is intended to help the user handle the projects developed as a single entity rather than on individual screens. Using the options present in this menu, a user can compile, run and install a project as a single unit.
An account with FireFlink.
(If you do not have an account, please visit our official website https://fireflink.com/ to sign-up and purchase a license)
Steps to navigate to Projects Menu:
Once you have logged into the tool, you will see a Project Selection dropdown. The “All Projects” option will be displayed in the Project Selection dropdown by default.
Upon clicking on the Projects option from the left navigation bar, under the All Projects level, it will navigate you to the screen which consists of three sections- Projects, Users, and Roles.
“All Projects”- functions as a dashboard that allows the user to visualize project details, the name of the user who created the project, the type of project created (Web, Web & Mobile, Mobile, Web Services, and Salesforce) along with the time of creation. It allows the user to edit, delete, archive, and unarchive projects in the same window. It allows the user to create and edit users & make roles assignments as well.
Steps to create a new Project
Home icon > Projects Menu > Projects
A user can create, edit, delete, archive, and unarchive the projects. One can also change the status of the project from open to close or vice versa.
+Project button: This button is used to create a new project. The ‘+ Project’ button is present on the top right corner of the screen.
On clicking, the “+Project” button – Create Project pop-up is displayed.
“Project pop-up” consists of three fields – Name, Type, and Description.
- Name: This field consists of the name of the project. It is a mandatory field.
- Type: The type of the project can be selected from the dropdown. It is a mandatory field. FireFlink provides a variety of Project Type selections.
“Web” Project Type:
- The user needs to provide a name to the Web type of project & Web URL should be added, Upon the creation of a project, users will automatically be provided with a few Project Environment Variables & Global Variables, which they can make use of those variables while scripting.
“Mobile” Project Type
- App Type (Native/Hybrid) and Platform (Android/iOS/Android & iOS) selection are displayed and both fields are critical while setting up a mobile-type project.
- If a user is using the Android platform, App Activity, App Package text fields, and the upload APK file button will be displayed. Users can add details directly to these fields and use them throughout the project.
- If a user is using the iOS platform, the Bundle ID, and IPA file upload option is displayed. Upon the creation of the Mobile project with the iOS platform, it creates a Project Environment Variable with the name Bundle ID.
- If a user is accessing the Android & iOS platform – App Activity, App Package, upload APK file button, Bundle ID, and upload IPA fields are displayed. Upon the creation of the Mobile project with the Android & iOS platforms, it creates a Project Environment Variables with the name App Package, App Activity, and Bundle ID. Once the APK and IPA files are attached by using the choose file button under the Upload APK and IPA file text – it will be replaced with a file icon where one can see the file name beside the button.
“Web Service” Project Type
- If a “Web Services” project is selected: A Base Url and Port text field is displayed. Users can add details to these fields.
“Web & Mobile” Project Type
- If the “Web and Mobile” project is selected: A URL text field is displayed along with App Type and Platform text fields. Both App Type and Platform fields are mandatory. If the platform changes based on the user’s requirement, respective fields will be displayed.
“Salesforce” Project Type
- If the “Salesforce” project is selected: A URL, App Activity, App Package text fields upload APK file button, Bundle ID, and upload IPA file fields are displayed. Upon the creation of a Salesforce project, it creates Project Environment Variables with the name URL, App Package, App Activity, and Bundle ID. Once the APK and IPA files are attached by using the choose file button under the Upload APK and IPA file upload options – it will be replaced with a file icon where one can see the file name beside the button.
A project list is a table that contains six fields. It functions like a dashboard that gives an overall view of all the projects.
The projects list contains six project description fields :
- Name: This contains the Name of the Project. It is a hyperlinked ID to navigate to the “Test Development” section of the selected project.
- Type: Under the type column, you can see the type of each project such as Web, Mobile, Web Services, Web and Mobile, and Salesforce which are provided during Project creation.
- Status: This displays the status of each project- Open, Closed, and Archived.
- Open: As soon the project has been created the status of the Project will be Open. A user can change the status from Open to Close from the Edit Project option. (Users cannot Archive or Delete any projects that have Open status).
- Closed: Only closed status projects can be archived. A user can Archive a project just by clicking on the “Move to Archive” option, which is available in the More icon under the Action Column. (Users can delete the closed Projects).
- Archive: Closed Project can be archived and the archived project is not seen under the Project Selection dropdown (The user can delete the Archived project).
- Modified by: The name of the user who has Modified the project will be hyperlinked to the user details.
- Modified On: The Modified time of the Project along with the date is recorded here.
- Actions: This field will not be displayed automatically. The user has to hover the cursor over the particular project to see the options under the Action column.
- Edit: All fields here are editable except for the Type and Platform fields. Users can modify it according to their requirements.
- Delete: Users can delete the projects permanently from the license. (Only applicable for closed/ archived projects)
- More: The user can utilize this functionality for 2 utilities:
- Details: Project details are displayed.
- Move to Archive (Only for closed projects). If we Archive any closed project, that project will not be displayed in the Project Selection dropdown and we can’t navigate to the archived Project by clicking on the name of the project under Projects List.
- Move to Unarchive (Only for Archived projects). If we Unarchive any archived project, that project will be displayed in the Project Selection dropdown and we can navigate to that Project by clicking on the Name of the project under Projects List.
Project Details Pop Up
The project details pop-up consists of all the data provided during the project creation. It also consists of:
- Modified by: Text and name of the user who modified the project.
- Modified on: Text along with date and time is recorded.
- File Names: If the user has uploaded any APK or IPA files, they will be displayed along with their name and download button. Upon clicking on the download icon, the file will be downloaded to the user’s local machine.
- User Role Mapping: This table is displayed with the list of users working on the project along with their roles.